- 'Neuromancer' (1984)
- 'Count Zero' (1986)
- 'Mona Lisa Overdrive' (1988)
- 'The Difference Engine' (1991) with Bruce Sterling
- 'Virtual Light' (1993)
- 'Idoru' (1996)
- 'All Tomorrow's Parties' (1999)
- 'Pattern Recognition' (2003) (coming up)
- 'Burning Chrome' (1986) - collection of short stories.
- 'Mirrorshades' (1988) - (editor: Bruce Sterling) - contains three
of Gibson's short stories.
- 'Johnny Mnemonic - the screenplay and the story' (1995) - detailed
notes on the making of the film.
- 'Fragments en rose de hologramme' (1998) - French edition, five stories
from 'Burning Chrome'.
- 'Fragments of a Hologram Rose' (1977) - published in Unearth 3, 1977,
contained in 'Burning Chrome'.
- 'The Belonging Kind' (1981) with John Shirley - originally published
in Shadows 4, 1981, contained in 'Burning Chrome'.
- 'The Gernsback Continuum' (1981) - originally published in Universe
11, 1981, contained in 'Burning Chrome', also contained in 'Mirrorshades',
made into a short TV film 'Tomorrow Calling' in the UK (1995).
- 'Hinterlands' (1981) - originally published in Omni 1981, contained
in 'Burning Chrome', also made into a comic.
- 'Johnny Mnemonic' (1981) - originally published in Omni 1981, contained
in 'Burning Chrome', made into a movie in 1995, directed by Robert Longo,
starring Keanu Reeves, Dina Meyer, Ice-T, and Dolph Lundgren.
- 'New Rose Hotel' (1981) - originally published in Omni 1981, contained
in 'Burning Chrome', made into a movie in 1998, directed by Abel Ferrara,
starring Willem Dafoe and Christopher Walken.
- 'Burning Chrome' (1982) - originally published in Omni 1982, contained
in 'Burning Chrome', adapted for the stage and performed by Next Theatre
and Sacred Fools Theatre (1998).
- 'Red Star, Winter Orbit' (1983) with Bruce Sterling - originally published
in Omni 1983, contained in 'Burning Chrome'; also contained in 'Mirrorshades'.
- 'Dogfight' (1985) with Michael Swanwick - originally published in
Omni 1985, contained in 'Burning Chrome'.
- 'The Winter Market' (1985) - originally published in Vancouver Magazine
1985/11, also in Stardate 1986, contained in 'Burning Chrome'.
- 'The Silver Walks' in 'High Times' 1987/11' - chapter 15 of 'Mona
- 'Kumi in the Smoke' ('Kemuri no naka no kumi') (1988/3) - chapter
1 ('The Smoke') of 'Mona Lisa Overdrive'.
- 'Hippie Hat Brain Parasite' (1989) - in 'SEMIOTEXT[E] SF' (1989),
- 'Tokyo Collage' (1988) in 'SF Eye' 4, Summer 1988.
- 'Tokyo Suite' in the Japanese edition of 'Penthouse' (1988/5-7), translated
by Hisashi Kuroma.
- 'The Angel of Goliad' (1990) with Bruce Sterling - originally published
in 'Interzone' #40 1990, makes up the first portion of 'The Difference
- 'Doing Television' (1990/3) in 'The Face', p81-82 - nearly the same
story as 'Darwin'.
- 'Darwin' (1990/4) in 'Spin'.
- 'Skinner's Room' (1990) in 'Visionary San Francisco' - The characters
and takeover of the Bay Bridge by the homeless reappear in 'Virtual
- 'Cyber-Claus' (1991) in 'The Washington Post Book World', reprinted
in the blog.
- 'Academy Leader' (1991) in 'Cyberspace: First Steps'.
- 'Agrippa - A Book of The Dead' (1992).
- 'Where the Holograms Go' (1993) in 'The Wild Palms Reader'.
- 'Thirteen Views of a Cardboard City' (1997) in 'New Worlds' #222,
- Introduction to 'Heatseeker' (1989)
- 'Rocket Radio' in Rolling Stone (June 15, 1989)
- Foreword to 'Strange Attractors' in 'Alien Sex' (1990)
- 'Disneyland With the Death Penalty' article in 'Wired' 1.4 (Sept-Oct.
- 'Remembering Johnny: Notes on a process' in 'Wired' 3:6 (June 1995):
- 'The Recombinant City: A Foreword' (1996)
- 'New fiction: Lo Rez Skyline' in 'Rolling Stone' #735 (May 30, 1996):
- excerpt from 'Idoru'.
- Foreword to a new edition of 'Dhalgren' by Samuel R. Delany (1996)
- Foreword to a new edition of 'City Come A-Walking' by John Shirley
- 'The Net Is a Waste of Time' article in 'New York Times Magazine'
(July 14, 1996)
- Introduction to a new edition of 'The Artificial Kid' by Bruce Sterling
- 'Jack Womack and the Horned Heart of Neuropa' (1997) in the Fall 1997
issue of SF Eye
- Introduction to 'The Art of the X-Files' by Chris Carter (September
- 'Dead man sings' article in 'Forbes' (November 30, 1998 supplement):
p177, reprinted in the blog.
- Introduction to 'The Avram Davidson Treasury' by Avram Davidson (1998)
- 'My Obsession' article in 'Wired' 7.01 (January 1999) : p102-105,
p156-158 - about eBay.
- 'Science: William Gibson's fiction of cyber-eternity may become a
reality' in Hq Magazine 63 (March 1, 1999): p122
- 'William Gibson's Filmless Festival' in 'Wired' 7.10 (October 1999):
p226-229 - about digital film-making.
- 'Steely Dan's Return' in 'Addicted to Noise' 6.03 (March 2000)
- 'Will We Plug Chips Into Our Brains' in Time 155:25 (June 19, 2000):
- Afterword to 'The Art of the Matrix' by Larry Wachowsky (January 2000)
- 'Modern Boys and Mobile Girls' in Observer (April 1st 2001) - about
- 'Metrophagy' in the 'Viridian' issue of 'Whole World' magazine (Summer
2001), co-edited by Bruce Sterling.
- 'My Own Private Tokyo' in 'Wired' 9.09 (September 2001) - about his
latest visit to Tokyo.
- 'Blasted Dreams in Mr. Buk's Window' in The National Post (September
2001), reprinted in the blog.
- 'Shiny Balls Of Mud' in Tate Magazine Issue 1 (September/October 2002)
- 'The Road to Oceania' in the New York Times (June 25, 2003)
- Foreword to "American Whiskey Bar" by Michael Turner (September
- 'Alien3' movie script (1988)
- Appearance at 'Visionary San Francisco' exhibition (June 14-August
- 'Wild Palms' cameo appearance (1993)
- Lyrics to 'Floating Away' on (Not)
Yellow Magic Orchestra's
album 'Technodon' (1993)
- Lyrics to 'Dog Star Girl' on Deborah Harry's album 'Debravation' (with
Chris Stein, 1993)
- 'Macrochip' - a documentary about the internet, narrated by Gibson.
- 'Neuromancer' audio book (1995) - 6 hours, read by Gibson, with soundtrack
by Black Rain and U2.
- 'Johnny Mnemonic' movie script (1995)
- 'Kill Switch' episode of 'The X-Files' (with Tom Maddox) (1998)
- 'First Person Shooter' episode of 'The X-Files' (with Tom Maddox)
- 'No Maps For These Territories' (2000) - feature film with and about
- 'Neuromancer' computer game (1988) by Interplay
- 'Neuromancer' graphic novel (1989) by Tom de Haven and Bruce Jensen
- 'Neuromancer' movie script (1990) by Chris Russel
- 'Tomorrow Calling' (1995) - TV film based on the short story 'The
- 'Virtual Light' audio book (1994), read by Peter Weller
- 'Hinterlands' comic (1995) by Gavin Longeran
- 'Johnny Mnemonic' movie version (1995) by Robert Longo
- 'Johnny Mnemonic' novelisation (1995) by Terry Bisson - based on the
- 'Johnny Mnemonic' audio book (1995) by Simon & Schuster - based
on the novelisation.
- 'Johnny Mnemonic' computer game (1995) by Sony Imagesoft
- 'Johnny Mnemonic' pinball machine (1995) by Williams
- 'The Zen Differential' movie script (1996) by John Lloyd Parry
- 'New Rose Hotel' movie version (1998) by Abel Ferrara
- 'Burning Chrome' stage adaptation (1998) by Next Theatre and The Sacred